Building Your Business Listing
From the outset, I’d like to say this, there is no point in signing up on business directories if you do not fill out your profile. Online marketers who believe they are doing their clients a favour by signing up, adding an address, company name and contact details are not doing their clients any favours at all. Ditto for business owners who do this. I will explain more about this below, but first, the biggest culprits are business directory owners and administrators themselves. They buy or build databases of businesses and submit them en-masse to their categories. Often these businesses are no longer in operation or their details have changed. This will not happen on the SABD. Neither is our database for sale.
The basics of building your business listing
When building your business listing, use as many of the tools available as possible. Submitting your business to a directory is like anything else. Start with the basics. These are really a simple process. You’ll need the following:
- Company name and logo
- Company contact details – email, telephone, address (for Google Map), website and social media links (where applicable) and bbusiness hours
- Company profile – basically your About Us page on your website
- Services – a list of services with an explanation. It is important to list your services in the section provided.
- Gallery images – pictures which best represent your services or products
- Add yourself to appropriate categories – Most administrators of directories will remove you from irrelevant categories. Be sure to apply categories which are relevant to your business.
You will find sections available for all of the above in your Dashboard. Take the time, as far as possible, to use the above basic features. These are the tools which most business directories offer. Some offer a little more and others a lot more. The SABD Service Finder offers a lot more and it remains free. Using the more advanced tools available, you can manage your business online with fatures which include a booking and invoicing system, add team members and allocate which department emails are delivered to for each service, create time slots, incorporate Google Calendar and more.
Using the advanced features of your dashboard to manage your business
Your business listing is not just a listing. It is also a management tool which can be used for numerous purposes. Of course, these are optional features which can be activated or deactivated within your dashboard. These include the following
- Booking system – if enabling the booking system, you will need to set your time slots or daily slots and the amount of bookings you will take per time slot/day.
- Availability & Unavailability – You can set up times which you are available or unavailable for booking and these will automatically apply to bookings.
- Team members – add team members and allocate tasks either manually or automatically. You can also select which team members have access to your account.
- Multiple branches – This feature enables your company to add all branches to the Google map and will automatically optimize for these areas as well.